EE wrote, On 09/04/2014 21:17:
Ray_Net wrote:
Trane Francks wrote, On 09/04/2014 10:47:
On 4/9/14 1:31 PM +0900, cmcadams wrote:
Joyce Greer wrote:
Hi,
My husband and I just switched from outlook Express to SeaMonkey for
our email
client.  What I didn't realize (He did) was that the SeaMonkey
browser would be
included in the download.

I  have the Firefox browser as my default and want to keep it that
way, especially
for any links that I click on in my emails.

Is there any way I can have Firefox and not SeaMonkey come up when I
click on links
in my emails?  I'd appreciate any help you can give here.

Thanks,
Joyce Greer

Go to Firefox preferences, where there should be a button for making
Firefox your
default browser. I don't have it installed on this computer so I
can't tell you the
precise location.

Then, start Seamonkey Mail, go to

Edit->Preferences->Mail & Newsgroups

and on the right side you'll see buttons for making Seamonkey your
default for mail
and news(groups).

The problem here is that clicking links in mail, RSS, etc. will open
SeaMonkey windows rather than Firefox windows. Unless the user is
willing to drag links onto Firefox all the time, there's precious
little reason to suggest using SeaMonkey for mail and Firefox for web.
When using Firefox, Thunderbird makes a better mail, news and RSS
choice. IMO, YMMV and all that.

Did you say that Seamonkey mail refuse to start the default browser when
we click on a link a SeaMonkey mail ?
If the answer is yes .. so this is ANOTHER SeaMonkey BUG !!!

It is just that SeaMonkey can do the job itself, so that is what it does. Instead of calling the operating system to open the default browser (or mail reader), it does the task itself. I do not think it is a bug, I think that is deliberate.

So, it's a deliberate bug who act against the user who want to use his prefered browser, because he put it a the "default"one .... If the user prefer the Seamonkey browser he put this browser as the default one. But in the case of the OP ..... The OP WANT to open FireFox instead of SeaMonkey when he click on a link in a SeaMonkey mail !!!