EE wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Geoff Welsh wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 6/23/2014 3:52 PM, Geoff Welsh wrote:
sometimes I wanna save a message with important information, and
after a
while there's tons of them, and some of the Subject titles are useless
to jog my memory

Can we rename messages somehow?  i.e. change the Subject line?

"Edit as New" and then changing the subject, and then sending it to
myself seems a cheesy workaround.

GW

On the menu bar, go to [File > Save As > File].  Change the name in the
Save Message As navigation window to the name you really want, and save
it to a folder for such messages.  When you go to open such a file (an
.eml file), it will open in a SeaMonkey Mail-News window.

that's saving a message as a file outside of SM entirely, not renaming a
message.  I'd seen that.

Well, there's always the hard way:

1) Within SeaMonkey, move the message to a folder where it will be the
oldest or only message, so it will appear first in the file. If you
like, create a temporary folder for the purpose. For discussion
purposes, let's call it "FolderName." Ideally, it should have no
subfolders.

2) Close SeaMonkey, locate the file "FolderName" (no extension) in your
SM profile directory.

3) Open it with Notepad or some other plain-text editor, edit the
"Subject" line in the header, save.

4) Relaunch SM, confirm that the subject line has been changed.

5) Drag and drop the message to the folder where you really want to
archive it.

In the subject line in the compose window, you can rename the subject.

Sure, for a message that hasn't been sent yet. We're talking about messages already sent or received. They have no compose window.

Paul B. Gallagher