Daniel wrote:

Paul, if you see/read a message that you would like to
"store"/"keep", then click "reply" so you have a copy of the
interesting message in the "Compose"/"Reply" screen, then gp off-line
and save, as I suggested above!!

You have your e-mail address in the "From:" line, but you get all the
Text and appropriate "Paul typed" type stuff in the message frame.

I see what you're saying. For my purposes, it's not an acceptable workaround, but it may be for you and/or the OP.

From what I've seen in this thread, the solution offered by Onno Ekker looks best to me:
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/header-tools-lite>

YMMV.

Paul B. Gallagher