Paul in Houston, TX wrote on 12/30/2015 6:08 PM:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Paul in Houston, TX wrote on 12/29/2015 11:13 PM:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 12/29/2015 10:16 PM:
Ed Mullen wrote:

WaltS48 wrote on 12/29/2015 2:09 PM:

Edit > Preferences > Privacy & Security > Images >
Image Acceptance Policy

Nope, that ain't it.

Next places to look:

1) Ad blocker?

Ad Block Plus, I'll check.

Actually, ABP is not installed.

2) Firewall? (many of those include spam blockers that can be
mistuned)

ZoneAlarm Pro, I'll check.

Disabled both, no difference.

But those are system level and should affect both SM and TB equally.

Any other guesses?

How is SM when started in "safe mode"?

Well I should have tried that before.  In Safe Mode the images are
viewable.  However, if
start normally, go to the Add-ons Manager and manually disable all
extensions and
plug-ins, then restart, the images are NOT visible!  WTFO?

:)  Time to time consumingly add one add-on at a time.
Let us know which one is the culprit.

Uh, read my post again. ALL of the add-ons were manually disabled and the images were NOT visible. Adding them back one-at-a-time isn't going to do anything.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/