Ed Mullen wrote on 12/31/2015 8:14 PM:
Paul in Houston, TX wrote on 12/31/2015 2:02 PM:
Ed Mullen wrote:

Uh, read my post again.  ALL of the add-ons were manually disabled and
the images were NOT
visible.  Adding them back one-at-a-time isn't going to do anything.

Oh, I see.  Not an add on then.
Something in basic SM settings instead.

I should add that in Safe Mode everything was good. So what's the difference between Safe Mode and manually disabling all extensions and plugins and running in regular mode? What else is Safe Mode doing?

Because whatever it is that fixed the issue and manually disabling add-ons did not. I'd like to know because migrating to a new profile in a case like this is not trivial and I know what I'm doing. I'd dread talking someone else through it. I've got a couple of dozen email and news accounts and lots of custom settings. I've kind of got it down to a science of copying and pasting account settings from the old profile's prefs.js to the new one but it's not what I'd call "fun."

I even went so far as to use about:config in SM and TB side-by-side to try and find any relevant settings differences and finally gave up.

Oh, well. Problem solved with new profile. No wonder we see that answer here so often.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/