Mason83 wrote on 12/29/2015 1:12 PM:
On 29/12/2015 17:57, Ed Mullen wrote:
I receive a periodic HTML email newsletter from my investment advisor's
firm.  I used to see the graphics but no longer can, not even in old
emails going back to 2013.  I only see empty boxes.

The person sending the newsletter uses mailchimp.com and the images
reside on their server. The email itself comes from a different mail server.

Oddly, in Thunderbird I see the images.

I can't figure out why SM is blocking them and TB is not.  Any help
greatly appreciated.

Does it say something about remote images having been blocked for
your privacy?

Nope, no messages at all.

Edit > Preferences > Message Display

Block images and other content from remote sources: Select this
checkbox if you do not want to display remote images and other
content in received messages, except from senders in your address
books whom you have allowed. (This checkbox is selected by default.)

Regards.

It's unchecked.

--
Ed Mullen