On 12/31/2015 10:39 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
> I have been messaging on this News Group about problems with SM and Windows XP
> and quite a few of those here 'suggested' (lol) that I upgrade to a higher
> version of Windows.  I had to buy a newer computer - which I just did - a used
> one with Windows 7 which I can get upgraded to Windows 10 should I choose.
>
> So - should I stay with Win 7 (which the Computer Store vendor suggests) or go
> to Windows 10 (free upgrade).
>
> If I stay with Windows 7 - is any particular SM version better with 7 ?
> If I go for Windows 10, is there a better SM version for THAT !?
>
> I understand that going for Windows 10 means that I HAVE to let Microsoft get
> into my pants 100%
> I was told you HAVE to give them access to everything you do on that computer
> even use the program. User agreement.
>
> DoctorBill

I upgraded to WIN 10 in September.  Configured it to show GUI as in the past.
Program icons that looked like they did on 7 and XP with no problems.  I run
only programs that were designed for the 'home COMPUTER' not I-xxx's and
Androids.  For 'APPS' I use my i-Phone and/or i-Pad.  Not my COMPUTER.

So what do you need, a COMPUTER or an APP machine?  You make the decision.

--
Ed, W3BNR
HTTP://JonesFarm.us/W3BNR

"It is not what you have that matters, it is what you do
 with what you have.   - Sir Winfred Grenfell  (1865-1940)