On 1/20/2016 8:05 PM, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
DICK HOFFMAN wrote:
I'm posting this again because I've run out of ideas to try and maybe
someone out there
has something new to suggest. It's hard for me to believe that I'm the
only one
experiencing this given that my system is pretty vanilla. I'm running
SM 2.39 with no
add-ons or extensions except those that came with the SM version, on a
Win 8.1 Pro system.
My email is a POP account with Earthlink. When I forward an email
sometimes, but not
always, SeaMonkey locks up the system for about 90 seconds and I
cannot do anything but
tell Windows to close SeaMonkey to get control again unless I wait for
those 90 seconds.
During the lock-up I see a small status window that says " Status:
Mail sent successfully"
and which contains a green status bar that varies from 100% down to
about 50%. The tiny
blue arrow in the list of emails that indicates I've forwarded this
one is not posted
until after the system becomes unfrozen and the status window goes
away. Forwarding inline
or as an attachment makes no difference and forwarding in plain text
vice html also makes
no difference. I've tried running in "Safe" mode, and I've tried
creating a new profile
and running under it to no avail. Very annoying. The problem does not
occur when I forward
an email using Gmail. Should I post this in Bugzilla?
Dick Hoffman

Is your Gmail a POP acct?
Are you sure that your Elink port and security settings are correct?

I access my Gmail through the SM browser, which isn't POP I don't think. As far as I can tell, the port and security settings are correct.
Dick