Keith Thompson wrote on 2/14/2016 10:01 AM:
My ISP (WOW!) has just changed mailing securities and now I have to use
a password on the smtp.  I cannot get the entry to take when trying to
send.  I am using SM 2.39.  I have gone through a number of trials.
Their requirement is that I use no connection Security, Port 587, and
Password.  I have set the smtp to these conditions, but the password
will not enter.  I have cleared the password file of these and then
tried the entry again.  It did not take, but the password was now in the
password file. For some reason, it appears that the password file cannot
communicate with the smtp.  What am I missing here? The mail sending was
working fine until WOW changed their requirements. Wow, of course, wants
me to change to Windows Mail and IE.  SM security is exactly the reason
that I avoided MS Products.

Keith Thompson

Keith, not sure why this is happening but you might try deleting both the SMTP and the password and then recreate the SMTP.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/