Keith Thompson wrote:

Yes, I can log into my account at WOW and read the mail there.  I can
receive that mail in SM but just cannot send out from my computer.
I can also respond to the newsgroup directly from the computer.  Its
just when I go to send an email, the request for password pops up and
will not accept, but just keeps repeating the request.  When I check
the password manager, the correct password is there.

Two thoughts:

1) It's been suggested several times in this thread that you confirm WOW's username requirements for SMTP. Some ISPs want only the prefix (the part before the "@" sign), and some want the entire email address.

Edit | Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings | Outgoing Server (SMTP)
This will be the last item on the list, after your email accounts.

Double-click the server name in the list on the right, or click it once to select it and then hit "Edit." At the bottom of the dialog, the last entry is "User Name:" -- is it exactly what WOW wants? Correct case, correct punctuation, correct content (prefix only or prefix@domain)?

2) When you check the password manager, are you verifying the POP password (for receiving mail) instead of the SMTP password? There should be two distinct entries; be sure you're looking at the right one. And the password might well be different.

Paul B. Gallagher