Keith Thompson wrote:
My ISP (WOW!) has just changed mailing securities and now I have to use a
password on the
smtp.  I cannot get the entry to take when trying to send.  I am using SM 2.39.
 I have
gone through a number of trials.  Their requirement is that I use no connection
Security,
Port 587, and Password.  I have set the smtp to these conditions, but the
password will
not enter.  I have cleared the password file of these and then tried the entry
again.  It
did not take, but the password was now in the password file. For some reason,
it appears
that the password file cannot communicate with the smtp.  What am I missing
here? The mail
sending was working fine until WOW changed their requirements. Wow, of course,
wants me to
change to Windows Mail and IE.  SM security is exactly the reason that I
avoided MS Products.

Keith Thompson

Does WOW webmail work?  Often web and smtp use the same p/w.
Have you tried with firewall and anti-virus turned off?