On 02/14/16 6:02 PM, Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 10:01:31 -0500, Keith Thompson
<thompson...@gmail.com> wrote:

My ISP (WOW!) has just changed mailing securities and now I have to use a
password on the smtp.  I cannot get the entry to take when trying to send.  I
am using SM 2.39.  I have gone through a number of trials.  Their requirement
is that I use no connection Security, Port 587, and Password.  I have set the
smtp to these conditions, but the password will not enter.  I have cleared the
password file of these and then tried the entry again.  It did not take, but
the password was now in the password file. For some reason, it appears that
the password file cannot communicate with the smtp.  What am I missing here?
The mail sending was working fine until WOW changed their requirements. Wow,
of course, wants me to change to Windows Mail and IE.  SM security is exactly
the reason that I avoided MS Products.

Keith Thompson

See if updating to SM 2.41 from here
(https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/~akalla/unofficial/seamonkey/nightly/latest-comm-release-windows32/).
I know many ISPs killed certain negotiation if it was encrypted but it
may or may not be the same in your case. Still, it's worth a shot to
try and report back if it helped.

Installed SM 2.41, but no change. Another had asked about trying without the firewall. That was done several times with slightly different settings. No luck there either. I had also tried several different ports as my son told me that if the port is not correct, it won't get to the password acceptance. WOW says that it has to be 587, but I have tried 25 and something in the 400's (been so many different trials, that I don't remember that one)