mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Paul in Houston TX wrote:

Are you positive that your settings per the pdf are correct?
http://www.wowway.com/docs/wow/documents-support-internet/pop-imap-settings-north.pdf

Hmm... That contradicts their web page:
   http://www.wowway.com/support/internet

Username: PDF says "Full Email Address i.e = johnsm...@wowway.com", while their
web page
says "Verify the Login ID field has defaulted to your username (before the
@wowway.com)".

SMTP port: PDF says 143 while their web page says 587

I guess that makes 4 combinations to try. Or contact them to clarify what the
correct
settings should be (and if they insist on only supporting Windows Live Mail, I
guess
you're back to going along with them on that and then transferring the working
settings to
SeaMonkey...)

The server addresses also differ between the PDF and web page, but both are
valid and
resolve to the same server, so it shouldn't matter which you use.

Mark.

I had similar problems with ATT/Yahoo a few years ago.
The ATT techs were not familiar with computers or the internet
beyond browsing to happy eye candy pages.
They were of no help whatsoever.  Sounds like WOW expertise is similar.
The OP may want to ask for a Level 3 tech.