Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) wrote:
On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 09:48:55 -0500, Keith Thompson
<thompson...@gmail.com> wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Keith Thompson wrote:

On 02/14/16 11:55 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

OK, and the username? This question has been asked at least three
times in this thread, and you haven't yet answered it. A
successful login requires both username and password; an error in
either causes a failure.

The user name is correct and the one that I had been using prior to
the change by Wow. It also works when going direct to the Wow
website and logging into my mail on their site.  I use a password
keeper which has not changed for WOW since I don't know when.  Using
that, it copies and pastes both the user name and the password into
the appropriate places. It works for the website, so would expect it
to work on SM

OK, if we've ruled out the username and the password, the only things
left are the server name, the port number, connection security, and
authentication method. We've seen conflicting information about the
server name -- smtp.mail.wowway.com or just mail.wowway.com. Have you
tried both?

yes, I had been using the smtp version until the report of just the mail
version. Both give the same negative results.  Repeatedly requesting the
password when trying to send an email. I can receive without a problem.

Already tried these settings?:

POP3 Incoming Server STARTTLS @ Port 110: mail.wowway.com
SMTP Outgoing Server STARTTLS @ Port 587: mail.wowway.com
Both used Authentication method of Normal Password

Yes, have tried those along the way. I did contact WOW for 3rd party email clients. and they sent the settings that they have been saying all along.
From a tech at WOW
POP3 Server = pop3.mail.wowway.com   Port 110
smtp server = smtp.mail.wowway.com   Port 587
Sign in or log in required for both
SSL do not select
Encryption type None for both
Require login using secure password = do not select.

Am going to go try this when finishing the mornings mail