David E. Ross wrote:
On 5/3/2016 4:22 PM, G. Ross wrote:
I used to know how to change it, but having a senior moment.

I use the PrefBar extension.  It contains a menulist called User Agent
that allows you to change the UA string.  If you forget that you changed
the UA string, it reverts back to your default, when you either launch
or terminate SeaMonkey (I do not remember which, but the effect is the
same).

The data in the User Agent menulist requires updating now and then as
other browser developers release new browser versions.  This requires
completely deleting the User Agent menulist and then importing the new
data.  I can send you my current data, but I am unlikely to keep
providing future updates.  If you want a copy of my current data,
indicate that in this thread; I will then upload the file to my Web
server and report here the URI.

I concur with PrefBar, although the default strings offered are really old.

You don't necessarily have to delete the existing list, but you do have to edit, to show the spoofing that you want. In my experience, I generally update my strings to more current version numbers, about twice a year.

In my case, I do happen to have Firefox installed, and when I want to update the PrefBar spoofing in Seamonkey, it's easy enough to copy/paste, based on a live installation.

For other spoofings I do (and I have several), a useful source of strings can be found at: http://www.useragentstring.com/pages/useragentstring.php.

Smith