Alexander Yudenitsch wrote:
J. Weaver Jr. wrote, on 15 nov 16 03:22:

Ed Mullen wrote:
Composer should be dropped.  It is decades out of touch with HTML and
CSS standards.  It produces totally crappy code that won't validate.

Kill Composer.  It serves no useful valid purpose.  Rip the code out and
slim down SeaMonkey.

Hear hear! It's a large bundle of code with no modern purpose.  -JW

I don't much care whether a 'purpose' is "modern" or not, but I do
occasionally use Composer to edit web pages for printing optimization:
Taking out not-wanted items, doing a little rearrangement and editing,
so a printout will be optimized for the person/purpose it's meant for.

Even the 'print' function isn't working, but 'print preview' is, and it
does allow printing after that.

Of course, I never 'save' the edited pages, because after the printout
my 'purpose' is accomplished...  and I don't know any other way to
achieve it without Composer!  So, I hope it remains as a part of SM for
a long time.

For what it's worth, I quite often use the DOM Inspector (Tools > Web Development > DOM Inspector) for similar purposes - removing unnecessary menus so the useful content fits on a single page, fixing up CSS imports for printing, etc.

--
Mark.