On 25/02/2017 2:27 PM, rdurrenb...@wi.rr.com wrote:
On Friday, February 24, 2017 at 6:34:38 PM UTC-6, rdurr...@wi.rr.com wrote:
On Friday, February 24, 2017 at 3:20:03 PM UTC-6, Richmond wrote:
rdurrenb...@wi.rr.com writes:

On Friday, February 24, 2017 at 3:24:53 AM UTC-6, Richmond wrote:
rdurrenb...@wi.rr.com wrote:
Ever since I installed 2.46 all I see is text and sometimes I can't
see some of that.  The pages are like they are transparent.  All
white with just some text, buttons are just outlines with text
titles in them.  The text in any selected email in my message box
is white and I cannot see who the email is from.  The message comes
out okay, but not in the message display.  If I want to highlight a
word or sentence in a composition with a color, like red or
importance or any other color, it will not highlight anymore.  I
also cannot access my saved Passwords anymore in my Preferences.

Why should this be happening and how can I rectify it?  Need help.
It is very hard to read any web site, including this one.

Check the settings in Edit -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Colours

Try creating a new profile: Tools -> Switch profile -> Manager profiles.

Try running in safe mode.

I already checked my Preferences and the Appearance and the Colors.  There is
nothing there that changed or that I can see to make the change.  I will have
to check out the Profiles or safe mode.

So what happened when you tried in safe mode? And what happened when you
tried a different profile?

I haven't tried that yet.  Because my husband decided to put on a different
version and much closer to the one I had originally, we figured that would be
okay, but since it didn't, maybe I should try the safe mode or different
profile.

Well, we went back to 2.33 and everything is back again.  Now I can see all web
sites and my email works all around again and I can see pictures and videos
again.  I still don't understand why everything disappears when I upgrade.  It
looks like I have to stay on this version of Sea Monkey to see all.  That
doesn't make sense, but it was even hard to read this forum and to see where I
was posting.  Even Facebook was pretty blank.

Nothing happened in safe mode and I didn't try the different profile.  It was
on Default and has been that way no matter what version I have used in the
past.  If I try to upgrade again, maybe I will try a different profile, but if
that doesn't work, I don't know what else to do.

I like Sea Monkey and especially like the email program.  That's why I stick
with this.  It is just that more and more the earlier versions aren't being
supported, but I hope I can figure it out somehow to stay with Sea Monkey.

Thanks everyone for your help.  If I try it again and have problems, I will
come here for more help.  In the meantime, if anyone still has any other ideas,
I would love to hear them.

And, of course, before you "try" anything else, you will back-up your profile (like we all should) before you try upgrading again, won't you?? ;-)

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501