Ray_Net wrote on 6/5/2017 2:06 AM:
rickman wrote on 05-06-17 00:57:
Ray_Net wrote on 6/4/2017 5:26 PM:

Here it is showing the SMTP parameter to be entered for the news.mozilla.org
account:
http://www.cjoint.com/c/GFevxtU0e0s

This is not the page where you set the news server.  My setting for
Outgoing Server (SMTP) is "Use Default Server".

Click on Server Settings below news.mozilla.org which will give you
another screen for NNTP server type.
This screen did not ask you about an SMTP server.
I have checked with a mail account, and this is the same for a mail account
or a newsgroup account, the need of an smtp server is on the screen I show
you this is on the parameter of the account, not of the server.
The server settings are for READ and the account settings are for WRITE.

When you click on Server Settings, what does it say for server type? If it says NNTP then you are editing a news server setup. If it says POP mail server (or maybe IMAP) then this is a setup for an email server.

--

Rick C