WaltS48 wrote on 05-06-17 01:50:
rickman wrote:
Ray_Net wrote on 6/4/2017 5:26 PM:

Here it is showing the SMTP parameter to be entered for the
news.mozilla.org
account:
http://www.cjoint.com/c/GFevxtU0e0s

This is not the page where you set the news server.  My setting for
Outgoing Server (SMTP) is "Use Default Server".

Click on Server Settings below news.mozilla.org which will give you
another screen for NNTP server type.  If it doesn't show NNTP I think
you need to start over and add a new account.

It is the Account Settings page for his news.mozilla.org account.

I only have that account here, no email accounts. The Outgoing Server (SMTP): field shows "Use Default Server". That would be the NNTP server.

I have no SMTP server listed in Outgoing Server (SMTP) Settings.

The default server IS NOT the NNTP server. as you can see on my screenshot "smtp.scarlet.be" is my default server.
And because you don't have any smtp server ...
...you are are to "Reply to Newsgroup" but not "Reply to the Sender Only" ... try it