On 9/14/2017 1:20 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 09/14/2017 05:18 AM, Desiree wrote:
Sigh.  I can't login to Chase Online using  SeaMonkey 2.48.  So, I used
User Agent Switcher and faked Fx 47 (Win 10) as the user agent.  That
got me further but only to the screen where Chase says it doesn't
recognize the user's computer and you have to request a temporary ID
code.  I did that but Chase just flipped me to the main Chase page
asking for login again.

Does anything work currently with Chase Online login and SeaMonkey?  Is
there a better user agent than the one I tried?

I doubt the problem is SeaMonkey.
I have noticed a number of complaints here in the past few months of
people having problems with sites of {for want of a better term - "mass
market sites"}. I'd take my business elsewhere - did that with Chase
decades ago over different problem but with likely similar root causes.

There's a long, long history of problems with Chase and SeaMonkey and other browsers but especially SeaMonkey.

I've had a Chase credit card since before Chase even had online presence. It is my only card with a FIXED APR at a low rate (lowest of all my cards) and high credit limit. So, not one I can walk away from. I would do so with other cards whose websites gave me problems, but, ironically, only Chase has a history, from the beginning of their online presence, of giving many users headaches with various browsers.