On Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 6:50:36 PM UTC-5, nor...@googlegroups.com
wrote:
> On 31/10/19 14:53, BigBlue wrote:
> > ... Looks like something about UltraMon became incompatible with SeaMonkey
> > Mail. I can certainly live without UltraMon for a while - more easily than
> > living without Mail. I'll report a bug to them and see if they can fix
> > things.
>
> The product site says that you need v3.4.1 x64
> <https://www.realtimesoft.com/files/UltraMon_3.4.1_en_x64.msi> if your
> W10 is 1809 or later, and W10 >= 1607 in any case. Apparently they broke
> Chrome as well.
>
> Having said that, it had better be pretty good at $40 a time. For
> someone who hadn't already bought a licence, this
> <http://dualmonitortool.sourceforge.net/> or just the built-in W10
> multi-monitor settings, might be enough.
>
> /df
>
> --
> London
> UK

It wasn't $40 when I bought it. I've been using it for maybe 10 years. Not sure
which version I had, but I do still have a 3.4.0 download so that's probably
the one. I can try 3.4.1 and see if that helps. Interestingly, Ultramon didn't
break things though. My Seamonkey Mail worked fine for years with it. Something
changed in Seamonkey and others like Mozilla and Chrome (or maybe Windows
itself) that broke things. Definitely up to Ultramon to resolve though.

The good thing about Ultramon was the additional buttons it adds to windows to
allow you to instantly move them over to the other monitor without having to
drag across, plus the ability to maximize a window across both monitors. And
other semi-minor tweaks.