Thomas Pamin wrote:
My UA String is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0.

It's certainly workable, although a stock Firefox 68 ESR on Win 7 will have "(Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:68.0)" in it. For compatibility purposes, it shouldn't make any difference, although what you currently have will show up in server logs as being different from a normal Firefox UA.

If you really want to verify, go out to portableapps.com, and grab the current version of Firefox ESR, then go to Help -> Troubleshooting Information. (With a portable version you can download, launch, and do what you need, and then discard, without having to bother with uninstall or uninstall.)

Should the NT 6.1 be changed to NT 10.0 for Windows 10? Anything else I should update?

My installed copy of Firefox (just updated to 71.0) shows:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:71.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/71.0

If you want to show Firefox 68 on Windows 10, you would want:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0

If you're doing spoofing for the purposes of getting around sites that are complaining about Seamonkey showing older versions of Firefox, most of the time, the only thing that you need is to show Firefox/68.0 at the end of the line. It's really unusual to see sites looking at other stuff in the UA. I've never seen it, but it probably happens occasionally.

A couple of additional considerations:

When you're spoofing the UA in Seamonkey, that applies to both what the browser shows to web sites, but it also turns up in the User-Agent: header in your email. I run the old Display Mail User Agent extension (which shows a graphic in all received messages, of what UA the sender is using), and with that active, the message I'm replying to shows you using Firefox. My use of that is uncommon, but it definitely stands out that you're spoofing, because Firefox doesn't send mail.

If you're sensitive about tracking by uniqueness, on that point, you *really* stand out, as much as you do by having a string that's not quite standard Firefox for your browsing.

If you don't want your spoofing to be as obvious, you might consider showing the string used by Seamonkey 2.53:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.1

There's only a couple of sites that I regularly see that don't like the UA string for Seamonkey 2.49.5, especially Google's home page. Thus, rather than doing global spoofing, I went to prefs:js and set general.useragent.override.google.com to show a standard Firefox 68.0 UA, while still showing the standard Seamonkey UA (including in the mail client) to the rest of the world.

Smith