Edward wrote:
NFN Smith wrote:

There's only a couple of sites that I regularly see that don't like the UA string for Seamonkey 2.49.5, especially Google's home page. Thus, rather than doing global spoofing, I went to prefs:js and set general.useragent.override.google.com to show a standard Firefox 68.0 UA, while still showing the standard Seamonkey UA (including in the mail client) to the rest of the world.

I thought it was a bug in SM causing the Google home page to behave as it is, however was told it's the User Agent causing it.

It's definitely Google's problem. Showing a stock Firefox UA gets around the problem. For some reason, Google doesn't like Seamonkey.

Unfortunately, all of the User Agent switcher Add-Ons for SeaMonkey, are not compatible with the latest SM version.

I run PrefBar in both 2.49.5 on my primary working profile, as well as 2.53.1 in a virtual machine, and not having any problems, but PrefBar is nearly impossible to find, anymore. The developer removed it from addons.mozilla.org, and it hasn't gotten into the git archive of legacy extensions.

I just checked, and User Agent Switcher is still in that archive.

As far as I'm aware, as long as Seamonkey continues to support XUL, all the old extensions should work. And I believe that even 2.57 (which is based on Gecko 60) is intended to continue supporting XUL, even if WebExtensions are also supported. However, reading the notes from the developers' meetings, it seems that we're a long way from seeing 2.57 released.

Smith