Ray_Net wrote:
NFN Smith wrote on 04-12-19 00:31:

It's definitely Google's problem.  Showing a stock Firefox UA gets around the problem. For some reason, Google doesn't like Seamonkey.

My U.A.String is: User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1
but in my pref.js I have this line:
user_pref("general.useragent.override.google.com", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:67.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/67.0");
And all goes well .

Google has some strange dislike for seeing a Firefox UA string that also has "Seamonkey" in it. I don't know why. I haven't checked to see if that's an issue with other Mozilla forks, such as PaleMoon or WaterFox.

OK, so you will tell me that "SeaMonkey" is not in the string ... OK, but instead of going to google.com, I go to google.be all goes well also - and in that case "SeaMonkey" is in the string, because rhere is no override.

When you go the route of prefs, you have to do the spoof on a site-by-site basis. Thus, if you are normally searching at google.be, then you need a similar entry for general.useragent.override.google.be .

I don't think there's any way of specifying Google globally. I could guess that showing just "google" rather than full top-level domain could work, but that's something you would have to test, and could be disruptive.

Smith