NFN Smith wrote on 04-12-19 00:31:
Edward wrote:
NFN Smith wrote:

There's only a couple of sites that I regularly see that don't like the UA string for Seamonkey 2.49.5, especially Google's home page.  Thus, rather than doing global spoofing, I went to prefs:js and set general.useragent.override.google.com to show a standard Firefox 68.0 UA, while still showing the standard Seamonkey UA (including in the mail client) to the rest of the world.

I thought it was a bug in SM causing the Google home page to behave as it is, however was told it's the User Agent causing it.

It's definitely Google's problem.  Showing a stock Firefox UA gets around the problem. For some reason, Google doesn't like Seamonkey.

My U.A.String is: User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1
but in my pref.js I have this line:
user_pref("general.useragent.override.google.com", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:67.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/67.0");
And all goes well .
OK, so you will tell me that "SeaMonkey" is not in the string ... OK, but instead of going to google.com, I go to google.be all goes well also - and in that case "SeaMonkey" is in the string, because rhere is no override.