DoctorBill wrote:
Daniel wrote:
DoctorBill wrote on 02/01/20 17:09:
DoctorBill wrote:
Right now, as I write this, I am on a Windows 7 system using 2.49.1 SeaMonkey.

I bought a Dell "All-In-One" compuker with the latest Windows 10 running (Uggg!) and loaded
SeaMonkey 2.49.5.

Can I COPY my E-Mail, Bookmarks, Passwords, etc from this machine to the newer one ? It has been YEARS since I did such a thing and I don't remember how.....

Things are changing so fast !

DoctorBill

I bought a used DELL "All-In-One" compuker with Windows 10 installed (Business Office Machine) and updated to the latest version.
I must say - after having it for about two weeks or so, I LIKE IT !
Windows 10 that is.......   Took some getting used to, but it is great !
I still have an OLD LENOVO 8922-5WU LapTop with Windows XP on it  and
my old HP G60 LapTop with Windows 7 on it............ FOR older GAMES mostly.

I turned "Automatic Update" OFF on both so that MicroSoft can't "Kill" the older versions if they ever somehow get connected to the Internet.
Been told that MicroSoft will eventually DO THAT !

Will I have to go to FireFox ?  I keep getting messages that SeaMonkey is "OUTDATED" -
EVEN THOUGH I HAVE THE LATEST UPDATE on the Windows 10 machine....

DoctorBill

DocBill, looking at your UserAgent, it indicates that you posted this with SeaMonkey 2.49.1

This is not the latest version ... that would be 2.49.5 although there are even later (trial) versions out there

Go to https://www.seamonkey-project.org/ to get the latest (approved) version for your OS. ;-P

And note that because even the latest SeaMonkey version advertises itself as based on FireFox V 52, some/many sites will still suggest it is a very old Version.

.
I come to this NewsGroup FROM either THIS old HP Business Computer using
Windows 7 using 2.49.1
OR
My DELL "All-In-One" used business compuker using Windows 10 and 2.49.5.
Two different SeaMonkeys depending on which I am using AT THE TIME.

I am NOW on the old HP with Win 7.  I downloaded 2.49.5 but have not
run it yet.  All the 'extras' (extensions and Plugins) that I have on this 2.49.1
will have to be re-setup  on the 2.49.5.....a PITA !
As time goes on, I forget HOW to do all that - (I'm 76) and struggle with "Keeping Up"
with all the new changes.  Ignorance is expensive.

Thanks for the suggestion and comments.
How can the 2.49.5 be made to spoof with the new FireFox V52 recognition signal ?

DoctorBill (still trying !)
.
PS - I turned off the "Automatic Update" on my HP with Windows 7.
Hoping that that keeps MicroSoft from "Zapping" it and shutting it down.

Did that also on The Windows 10 computer.  I can now 'allow' upgrading or
not - depending on what results others are reporting. Some control - I hope.

DB