Tim Townsend wrote on 13/07/2020 2:31 PM:
EE wrote:
Tim T wrote:
Hi all,

Since updating to 2.53.3 when I click on the Mail button at the bottom-left of the Browser, the mail now opens in a new window instead of in the same window.  One of my favourite things about SeaMonkey was I could switch between Web and Mail in the same window.

I have tried searching for the setting to revert this but cannot find it.

Can anyone help me set SeaMonkey to open the mail client in the same window again?

Cheers,

Tim
What do you mean?  The browser window and the messenger window have always been separate.

For the last few builds I have used, when I browse the web and click Mail icon at the bottom left, the mail client appears in the same window.  When I click on the Web globe icon at the bottom left my browser and tabs appear where I was last up to.  It was great.

Cheers,

Tim

(Noting that you seem to be using Win 10, which I've never used) Tim, if you have a task bar (usually at the bottom of your screen), can you 'mouse-over' the SeaMonkey icon on that task bar?

If you do so, are there several SeaMonkey portions showing??

On my Win7 Task bar, if I 'mouse-over' the SeaMonkey icon on my task bar, three SeaMonkey icons show up as I have the Browser, the Mail & News screen and Chatzilla running!

Do you get something similar, Tim??
--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623