Ken Rudolph wrote:
Lance Courtland wrote:

I will continue to use the Mail & Newsgroup functions, which I like a lot.  I have managed to make email links clicked in SM Email open in Chrome, which is now my default.

Could you specify how you managed this feat?  I would like to have links open in the Firefox browser.  However Chrome would work, too.  I just don't know how to redirect the browser when I click on the link.  Thanks.

Ken,

Try this.  I'm using Windows 10, SM 2.53.3

1. Make Firefox your default browser, from Firefox and in Windows
default programs.  Reboot computer.
2. In SM check Edit/Preferences/Browser, Default browser. Make sure SM is not your default browser. 3.In SM browser, go to about:config. Search for network.protocol-handler.external.http. If it exists, set it to false. If it doesn't exist, create it as a boolean and set it to false.
4. Do the same as step 3 for network.protocol-handler.external.https.
5. Still in about:config, search for network.protocol-handler.warn-external.mailto and set it to false. If it doesn't exist, create it as a boolean and set it to false.
6. Close SM and reboot computer.

As far as I can remember, that's how I got this to work.

I find it highly ironic that the SeaMonkey browser's vaunted customizability is precisely what enables us to bring about its demise.

HTH,

Lance