Lance Courtland wrote:
It is with much sadness that I must abandon SeaMonkey as a web browser. I have been a loyal user since Mosaic in 1993, then Netscape Navigator, then SM.  However, I have become overwhelmed by the quantity and complexity of fixes, tweaks, configs, spoofs, and kluges, each constantly needing updating, to get SM to fully function on a wide variety of URLs at a rapid speed.

Where once its customizability was a bonus, it is now a burden.  SM seems to have been brought down by the difference between "you can do all this to make it work however you want" and "you have to do all this to make it work at all."

I certainly appreciate all the hard work a dwindling number of developers have put in to keep SM alive.

I will continue to use the Mail & Newsgroup functions, which I like a lot.  I have managed to make email links clicked in SM Email open in Chrome, which is now my default.  I have always resisted adopting the most current offering from the Macrofirms of the digital world, but it has become too burdensome to continue being a browser salmon.

Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Lance

Please don't give up on SeaMonkey. I've been with this since the Netscape days. When I 'graduated' from Commodore 64 to Windows 95, a good 23 years ago, the first software I downloaded on Windows (although on 56K dial-up back then), was Netscape Communicator. Stayed with that as well as with the Mozilla Suite - which eventually became SeaMonkey.

All because, I like using a suite.

Aside from adding Extensions/Add-Ons and Themes, I'm not aware myself of any other customization available for SeaMonkey.

I run Fedora Linux today and use the Fedora-supplied SeaMonkey package.