David E. Ross wrote:
On 10/19/2020 9:51 AM, David H. Durgee wrote:
This morning for the first time Chase Bank refused to allow me to access
their web site.  My bookmarked login screen routed me to a security page
indicated that I needed Firefox 68 or higher for their site.

I will go ahead and spoof that shortly, as I suspect the page will still
work, but this is the first time I have outright been denied access to
their site with a current default UA.

Dave

Do you really need to bank at a giant like Chase?

I have had an account at Unify Financial Credit Union (UFCU) or one of
its ancestors for over 50 years.  UFCU is one of the largest credit
unions in the U.S.; but my account was originally opened at a much
smaller credit union that merged into Western Federal Credit Union,
which eventually became UFCU.  UFCU has been my primary banking
institution even though credit unions are not really banks.  On
1 October, I paid bills online through UFCU.  On 2 October, I received
E-mails informing me that my checking and Visa statements were
available.  I downloaded the statements for my files and reconciled my
checking account.  On 8 October, I tried to login to my account.  All I
got was a pale purple screen.  After a lengthy phone call, I was
informed that SeaMonkey was not supported.  I am now in the process of
closing my accounts and moving my primary banking activity to another
credit union where I have had an account for over 30 years.

Yes, I also have an account at a real bank.  It is a relatively small,
regional bank with almost all branches in southern California (plus 3 in
the Central Valley of California and 1 in Colorado).  I have that
account in order to have a safe deposit box (not generally available
through a credit union) and to get images of all my cancelled checks --
fronts and backs -- with each monthly statement for those situations
where I might later need proof of payment.  (Credit unions are
forbidden by law from returning cancelled checks.)

Sorry to hear you are having similar problems. I can tell you that in the case of Chase the problem can be worked around by spoofing FireFox 68 for your browser. This may change in the future, but for now it is workable. Perhaps a similar spoof will allow you to continue with your credit union.

Dave