WaltS48 wrote:
On 1/21/21 3:29 PM, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
Don Spam's Other Son wrote:
Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
Article not found

The newsgroup server reports that it can't find the article.

    Newsgroup server responded: no such article
    Perhaps the article has expired?
    Try searching for article: <fkodnfvy9not4gzdnz2dnuu7-lvnn...@mozilla.org> (114862)

This is annoying as hell - I'm having a problem and want to look at older threads where other people look to have had the same problem. Nothing doing.

This is on a fresh profile with no filters at all, I said I wanted to download all headers but anything (?) older than mid June 2020 is unavailable.

Trying to access the same posting, the top-level one for this thread.
It is from 10 April 2020, 23:32 (my timezone, your mileage may vary).
This attempt is from another profile on another machine, one where I have previously replied to this very post myself.

Any help?

<https://groups.google.com/g/mozilla.support.seamonkey/c/irD_2_--VPo>

I had to get to messages 391-420 from the main archive to find it.

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.
Is this some deficiency with Seamonkey's handling of large Newsgroups or has someone started deleting old messages?  I don't remember this happening back when I was using 2.49.4.

Answering my own question, I don't have this problem with mozilla.general of any of the lower-traffic newsgroups I'm using on this server.  It looks to me as though mozilla.support.seamonkey has lost most of its history.

I would unsubscribe from the newsgroup, then subscribe again downloading as many headers as you would like.

--
OS: Fedora 33 Workstation - Gnome Desktop