On 1/22/21 2:13 PM, Cecil Bankston wrote:
Edmund Wong wrote:
Greetings,

The SeaMonkey Project is pleased to announce the release of SeaMonkey
2.53.6.

So please check out [1] or [2].

Thanks to all involved.

Edmund

PS: Yeah, somewhat a canned message.  Currently in the middle of a bunch
of things while doing release, so my apologies.

Links:
[1] - http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.53.6
[2] - http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.53.6/

I downloaded the X64 version for my Windows 10 system, but it doesn't run when I double-click or use Open or even when I run it as Administrator.  My Avast antivirus and an on-demand scan with MalwareBytes show the file is safe.  I switched to Edge to download it again in case my original download was corrupted, but Microsoft blocked the download, saying the file may harm my computer.

I opened SeaMonkey on Windows 10.
Downloaded the installer.
Quit SeaMonkey.
Opened the File Manager > Downloads folder.
Double clicked on the installer.

A Windows protected your PC dialog appeared.
Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from running, blah, blah.
With two buttons. "Run anyway" "Don't run"
I ran anyway.

Now running 2.53.6 on Windows 10.

--
OS: Fedora 33 Workstation - Gnome Desktop