Cecil Bankston wrote:
Edmund Wong wrote:
Greetings,

The SeaMonkey Project is pleased to announce the release of SeaMonkey
2.53.6.

So please check out [1] or [2].

Thanks to all involved.

Edmund

PS: Yeah, somewhat a canned message.  Currently in the middle of a bunch
of things while doing release, so my apologies.

Links:
[1] - http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.53.6
[2] - http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.53.6/

I downloaded the X64 version for my Windows 10 system, but it doesn't run when I double-click or use Open or even when I run it as Administrator.  My Avast antivirus and an on-demand scan with MalwareBytes show the file is safe.  I switched to Edge to download it again in case my original download was corrupted, but Microsoft blocked the download, saying the file may harm my computer.

This is something which happens with every level now, although in my case the details were slightly different.
- I downloaded it using Seamonkey.
- Close Seamonkey.
- double click on the downloaded file, it will warn you that this is a BAAAD IDEA and you then have two options - backing out, or some other option which looks as though it could cause the file to be deleted. - click that second option, it will then allow you to ignore their warnings and carry out the install.

All this is with Microsoft Defender as the virus scanner.
There is a central "security" setting on Windows 10 where the recommended value is to only install software from the Microsoft Store. I have changed that to permit software from anywhere, there are probably additional hurdles to jump of you stick to the "safe" default setting.

This posting is from memory, I did the install yesterday and was not taking notes. Since my Windows 10 machine is dual-boot and I'm in Linux at the moment, I can't check the actual texts.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/