On 02-Apr-2004 Nicholas Sturm wrote:
> I wish I could answer you, but I have no idea what you are talking about. 
> Sorry.  Much here is not clear to those that have not been worth the
> developed throughout it's complete evolution.

Converting the site to use a container simply means that I've reduced the
number of individual files that have to be inserted/downloaded by squeezing
most of them into a zip file.  This helps in two ways: 1) The zipped container
is much smaller than the combined original, uncompressed files, making for
faster downloads, and 2) The site is made more reliable overall, i.e., all of
its content is sure to be readily available if the container downloads
successfully.  No missing images or whatever.

Thanks for the response anyway.  :-)  And don't feel bad about your "ignorance"
in certain areas.  Most of us are still learning as we go here.  :-)

-- 
Conrad Sabatier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - "In Unix veritas"

_______________________________________________
Support mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.freenet.support
Unsubscribe at http://dodo.freenetproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/support
Or mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to