On 04-Apr-2004 Roger Hayter wrote:

> How about running two separate nodes and two separate versions of DFI?
> Or perhaps getting someone else to run one of them under your expert
> supervision! The only real difficulty about running two nodes is
> bandwidth.

It's a real dilemma being involved with freenet both as a developer (which
means, of course, I want to be tracking/using unstable), and as a freesite
index maintainer.

I've been going through my local repo for the spider today, cleaning things up
and getting it all ready to package and make available for download.  I should
have a link for the package on tomorrow's update of DFI.

If you're interested in setting up an index site for stable, it would be best
to be running some flavor of *nix, as it makes automated maintenance a whole
heck of a lot easier.  I have a set of scripts I've written for this purpose
that will be included in the package.  I do my daily site generation and
insertion via cron jobs, so once it's all setup properly, there's really not
all *that* much work involved.  I'll be happy to help get you started.

--
Conrad Sabatier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - "In Unix veritas"