> On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 02:11:40PM -0400, Don Gregory wrote:
> > Anybody else here have any trouble with Freenet running on XP SP2?  I
> > know SP2 is still a bit new to most people, and it's a HUUUUUUUUUGE
> > service pack, weighing in at over 260M, and it screws with hundreds of
> > system files, so I'd like to be able to rule that out definitively if
> > anybody here is using SP2 with Freenet without incident.  There have
> > been reports of it messing with other pieces of software, so I naturally
> > assumed this might be a likely suspect.

Adding a data point. I'm running Freenet on XP SP2 with no problems at all.

The only point I've noted is that SP2 will throttle TCP/IP connections if
too many failed connections occur in too short a time. When I restart Freenet
I'll get a few events in the event log reporting that the throttling has kicked
in. My assumption is that freenet is trying to reestablish connections to the
nodes it knew about previously - some of which aren't there any more.

This has done no harm that I can observe. Freenet has no problems starting up
and isn't noticeably slower at doing so. It seems to run just the same as before
and I haven't observed any connection throttling during Freenet operations.

I'm happy.