On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 00:27:44 +0100, Newsbyte wrote:

>Frustrating? Can't be! It has much improved, *much* I say. If you don't
>believe me, ask toad and Ian!Even the simulations say so! We have NIO and
>NGR now, so things definately have improved for noobs like you, whatever you
>may think about it yourself!

So you're saying it should be faster? But even when I used the Freenet gateways,
they were very slow.

>build do you use? What OS? What JVM?

Win2k, I just downloaded the program complete with the Java machine from
http://www.freenetproject.org/index.php?page=download

"About" says: Version 0.5.2.8

> How many Open Connections do you have?

I have no idea.

>Do you have NAT, are you behind a firewall?The last question will be 'yes'
>to which the answer will be: 'oh, then it's probably that. You have to punch
>a whole in your firewall and set the NAT right, and then Freenet will work
>like a charm (a level-2-in-Morrowind one). There you go!

I only have a software firewall. I've turned it off for now, no difference so
far. If the firewall was in the way, wouldn't it block everything, instead of
slowing it down?

Thanks!
Clueless Newbie