"So you're saying it should be faster? But even when I used the Freenet
gateways, they were very slow."

Actually, I was being sarcastic, which you may not have noticed, being a
newbie. If you scroll to my earlier posts on devl or support, you will
notice I've made EXACTLY the point that for noobs Freenet still sucks,
because...well, it sucks. There have been a lot of technical 'improvements'
like NIO and NGR, but some of it is dubious, and all of them have not
contributed to a faster, better working Freenet - which is often disputed by
the Higher Gods, but which is, alas, the truth.

Your story isn't an exeption. Recently I tried to insert my flog, and it
took about one hour to insert it. But, rest assured, someone will come in
and say it works fanfuckingtastic with on his/her puter.

But, back into reality-land-with-no-elves-and-fairies, your experience is
quite common. Though, in all honesty, I must say with some (well-integrated)
nodes, fast lines and time of the month (etc.) you can have some freesites
under the two minutes as well.

"Win2k, I just downloaded the program complete with the Java machine from"

I asked the questions mainly pro-forma: it's what is always asked, but
usually the question nor the answer will help much. You got lucky you didn't
get it back 'corrupted' like me. Anyway, guess that'll be a 1.4.x JVM
version. The version is one thing, the build something else. It should be
5100 (you can see that when you open fproxy), which it probably is.

OpenConnections you can see on the start to (left), with fproxy, though you
need to go into advance mode (upper right, I believe) first.

Well, it's a funny thing, with the firewall. I'm still not very clear about
myself. It is supposed to work without a glitch these days; it should handle
NAT and firewalls without a glitch...only it sort of doesn't. It works, but
it doesn't. I'll let a High God explain that one, but rest assured it's full
of 'ifs' and 'thens'. Using UDP might have helped to avoid all that, but ah,
details.

Anyway, feel free to snoop around at www.freenethelp.org, which has become
quite an elaborate helpsite....which isn't all that surprising, I guess ;-).