At 03:22 PM 10/28/2005, you wrote:
That is correct as of the recent version that doesn't install
anti-spoof, anti-lockout rules, etc for the lan subnet.

Hmmm, actually, I don't know if it makes a difference, but my experience was with an OPT interface being bridged to the WAN, not the LAN. Does that matter? It works, but...

p.s. the only fly in the ointment is that my roommate and I can't see each other's WAN addresses - his attempts to connect to my WAN IP run afoul of the problem of not being able to connect to a WAN address from inside. I was also unable to send mail to his server due to the issue with NAT'ed hosts being unable to connect to a bridged host (I worked around that one by sending mail for his domain to our ISP's mail server as a relay...)