Hi

I am finding pfSense hangs in the sense that the connection between WAN and LAN
just vanishes and can only be fixed by rebooting.

I suspected hardware, replaced a NIC and thought this was the problem, however
the problems persisted.

I changed the PC and NIC's completely, to a Pentium 500 III with 256M RAM.  I
am using a CF / IDE interface which seems fine.

System log has no errors recorded, yet this still hangs between 3 and 10 days.

Traffic graph looks the same, the CPU usage remains in the 5 to 15% range.

I suspected it could be something to do with the Motorola Cable Modem, however
others on this list have not had similar problems,
although a local colleague using the same ISP and cable modem also has to
reboot in similar circumstances.

I have another pfsense box on another site which it runs reliably, using a
different Internet / ISP connection.  (Wireless system)

I would really appreciate knowing how to resolve the issue, as someone has to
be onsite to reboot, to re-establish the remote
sessions!

Kind regards
David Hingston