Visit status -> Interfaces when this happens.   Do you have an IP
address assigned?

Scott

On 6/4/07, Tortise <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It occurred again this morning.

From the LAN and the Serial pfSense Console I can ping the LAN NIC, as well as
the Motorola Modem on 192.168.100.1

From the LAN and Console I can also ping the static IP on the WAN in form of
a.b.c.x but I cannot ping the ISP or a.b.c.1.

Rebooting pfSense fixes all this, restores Internet access and allows pings to
a.b.c.1 and the ISP again.

The modem lights remain on and I do nothing else to fix it.

I do not think it is PPPoE, but will check it out, there is no dialling
involved with password that I am aware of, unless this is
ISP configured in the setup they send the modem, in any event the modem is
still functioning with all lights up.  There is a web
server which has varying low volume activity and I am also recording pings
every 30s to the ISP, to keep a record when it all goes
down.  I don't think the modem is timing out due inactivity.  Also it occurs
during terminal sessions, which is infuriating, as one
might imagine!  Sometimes outages are ISP caused and they have extensively
looked at the setup, recut cable ends etc. and they also
suspect my firewall.

Kind regards

David Hingston