  From: Alberto Moreno
  To: support@pfsense.com
  Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 2:11 AM
  Subject: [pfSense Support] Big Problems with 2wire ADLS modem+Router.

    Hi people.

    This week my ISP told me that i need to change my old modem: DSL modem
speedstream 5400, just a modem. My LAN was behind pfsense, DHCP, one vpn to my
office, it was very beautiful. Some times i just connect my box and i was at
work, didn't need to get there.

    Now, i have this 2wire Modem+Router(Model 2701HG-T), which if came with
built-in Firewall, wireless, and other cool stuff for someone with no
acknowledge of  pfsense could say, this is great!!!

     Now i don't how to hell i will have my old settings, i cannot disable the
firewall from that device, i cannot access my office from my LAN clients, the
only one who could access my office is the pfsense box, because i enable some
rule to the 2wire firewall, but any of my clients can.

    I'm lost, i don't know how is the gateway now or which one i chose? What
about my WAN interface? I try to connect my wan interface but i don't get any
answer from my ISP.

     I disable the DHCP server from the device, but right now my Gateway is
2wire, what can i do to bring everything to normal? do i need tot add each rule
to my LAN and NAT or forward  to my 2wire gateway?

    Someone could point me, what i need to do, or help me understand my case
and help me find  some  path to this?

    Thanks all for your time.

  P.S. Running pfsense 1.0.1 Release.

  --