Alberto Moreno wrote:

  Hi people.

This week my ISP told me that i need to change my old modem: DSL modem speedstream 5400, just a modem. My LAN was behind pfsense, DHCP, one vpn to my office, it was very beautiful. Some times i just connect my box and i was at work, didn't need to get there.

Now, i have this 2wire Modem+Router(Model 2701HG-T), which if came with built-in Firewall, wireless, and other cool stuff for someone with no acknowledge of pfsense could say, this is great!!!

Now i don't how to hell i will have my old settings, i cannot disable the firewall from that device, i cannot access my office from my LAN clients, the only one who could access my office is the pfsense box, because i enable some rule to the 2wire firewall, but any of my clients can.

I'm lost, i don't know how is the gateway now or which one i chose? What about my WAN interface? I try to connect my wan interface but i don't get any answer from my ISP.

I disable the DHCP server from the device, but right now my Gateway is 2wire, what can i do to bring everything to normal? do i need tot add each rule to my LAN and NAT or forward to my 2wire gateway?

Someone could point me, what i need to do, or help me understand my case and help me find some path to this?

  Thanks all for your time.

P.S. Running pfsense 1.0.1 Release.

--
LIving the dream...

I have the same gateway, and I just set the PFsense box in DMZ plus mode (in the 2wire gateway) and specified that it gets the external IP from my ISP. I am thinking that the 2wire's allow for proprietary firmware/ software for each ISP though, so this may not work for you. When you attempt to log in, do you use the http://<gateway address>? The address you type in here is found in your PFsense WAN gateway. After you have made the changes in your 2wire, you will need to reboot the pfsense box.

Mike