Set the 2Wire to bridge mode. Let pfsense to handle all the setting (incl. PPPoE).

Your may find more information on www.dslreports.com

-Raylund

Alberto Moreno wrote:

  Hi people.

This week my ISP told me that i need to change my old modem: DSL modem speedstream 5400, just a modem. My LAN was behind pfsense, DHCP, one vpn to my office, it was very beautiful. Some times i just connect my box and i was at work, didn't need to get there.

Now, i have this 2wire Modem+Router(Model 2701HG-T), which if came with built-in Firewall, wireless, and other cool stuff for someone with no acknowledge of pfsense could say, this is great!!!

Now i don't how to hell i will have my old settings, i cannot disable the firewall from that device, i cannot access my office from my LAN clients, the only one who could access my office is the pfsense box, because i enable some rule to the 2wire firewall, but any of my clients can.

I'm lost, i don't know how is the gateway now or which one i chose? What about my WAN interface? I try to connect my wan interface but i don't get any answer from my ISP.

I disable the DHCP server from the device, but right now my Gateway is 2wire, what can i do to bring everything to normal? do i need tot add each rule to my LAN and NAT or forward to my 2wire gateway?

Someone could point me, what i need to do, or help me understand my case and help me find some path to this?

  Thanks all for your time.

P.S. Running pfsense 1.0.1 Release.

--
LIving the dream...