Wally Mono wrote:
I am continuously getting these:

   kernel: pid ##### (rrdtool), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)

about 1 a minute. Any ideas why? More importantly how do I make it stop?

I'm running:

1.2-RC2 built on Fri Aug 17 17:46:06 EDT 2007 multi-wan. 1 static, 1 DHCP
   router provides DHCP
   128 meg of ram @ 42% usage

I really don't need rrdtool. How do I just disable it for now? Is this a problem? Seems like it would take up space at the least.

Any insight would be appreciated.

After researching a little further I find a bug (http://cvstrac.pfsense.com/tktview?tn=898) that might apply; I DID change the name of OPT1 to ATT. I changed it back and while I am still getting
    kernel: pid ##### (rrdtool), uid 0: exited on signal 11

there is no longer an accompanying core dump. Does this help? I would sure like to turn off this noise in my logs, as I am sure that it is eating up memory and slowing performance. Adding more memory is not a fix to the underlying problem unless that is what is causing the rrdtool to fail.

I realize this is bad form, but how do I actually get someone to respond to an apparent problem? I tried the contact on the web page and was referred here. What other hoops must I jump through to get someone to give me what probably amounts to a very simple answer? All due respect, gratitude and adulation for the software is explicitly implied in this message.