> Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 06:42:09 -0500> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
> support@pfsense.com> Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] rrdtool core dump> >
> Rainer Duffner wrote:> >> > Am 30.10.2007 um 00:39 schrieb Wally Mono:> >> >>
> >> Rainer,> >>> >> Thanks so much for your response.> >> To be clear, I am
> running the live cd version, so there is nothing to > >> re-install. Are you
> saying just reconfigure from scratch? Would this > >> imply some sort of
> corruption in the configuration file?> >>> >>> >> > Ah.> > Can't you just try
> a newer snapshot? (Yours said to be from August)> > Just to be sure it isn't
> fixed already.> > I know that the devs don't like to debug problems with
> months-old > > snapshots....> >> > I just checked - I'm running an August 8th
> snapshot on a WRAP and I > > don't have this problem.> > I'm too lazy to
> update regularly (I've got to dismantle the WRAP > > completely and I don't
> like to do that too often)> >> >> >> > cheers,> > Rainer> So if I understand
> you correctly, the pfSense-1.2-RC2-Embedded.img.gz on >
> <http://pfsense.untouchable.net/downloads/pfSense-1.2-RC2-Embedded.img.gz> >
> on the download site today is not the same as the one I downloaded in >
> August? That seems a little problematic. Perhaps I COULD contribute >
> something to this project in the way of version control advice; put a > build
> # on the release! It could be yy.mm.dd.> > I'm not sure this is actually how
> they are released, but I have always > been a little annoyed and leery of the
> fact that the timestamp on the > files in the download area always have the
> current date. If indeed the > current RC2 is actually a silently rolling
> version, some indication > needs to be place either on it (my preference) or,
> at the very least, in > a readme file called something like AA_VERSION.txt> >
> I will try burning a new copy this weekend. FWIW I have another box > running
> the identical version, but not using OPT1(multiwan) and I do not > have this
> same problem of the rrdtool crashing.>
The build server rebuilds the image every 2 hours incorporating CVS changes
that are going on. after 1.2 release they are already looking at incorporating
a build version into the image nameto be able to discern whether your version
is actually out of date. its an issue with the build server that they are
treating as a low priority until the next full release.

to actually see what changes are currently incorporated, check the CVStrac
website at http://cvstrac.pfsense.com/timeline

so in essence, build version issue is old news and will be fixed eventually.
until then, the image on the snapshots server will always be the latest and
greatest even if version name doesnt change.

-Sean