On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Anil Garg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> However most examples are for WAN side traffic and for keeping internet
> alive.  I will keep trying to find something that shows how servers can be
> balanced.

If balancing is what you need, then use the load balancer built into
pfSense.  If active/passive, then while the load balancer will also
work fine, you might try one of the server high availability solutions
available outside of pfSense (CARP for the BSDs, linux's HA stuff, etc
- again Google will get you going there)

> Its amazing because it even keeps the state.

FWIW, to correct a few misstatements you've made in this thread.

"CARP requires a dedicated cable" - not correct, CARP is a multi-cast
protocol that is broadcast on the same network segment as the address
for it.
"it (CARP) even keeps the state" - not correct, pfsync keeps state
synchronization.  It's also highly recommended (as it's not
cryptographically secure) to run this on a dedicated cable.