Chris

This is a great product and the documentation for m0n0wall is also finest.
However, we should rewrite documentation for pfsense because there are
different menu items etc.  I understand that the efforts are often reliant on
community for success and therefore I feel that its even worth breaking this
effort down into small recipes and then aggregate.

Please forgive me if spoke beyond the scope of a individual user.  BTW, I would
be willing to contribute and support that documentation effort.

Anil Garg

Chris Buechler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Anil Garg wrote:
> I am reading the m0n0wall documentation (its so well written - kudos
> to the author)

What, you specifically buttering me up to get a response?  ;)

> There is a pointer that for many public addresses to be mapped to
> servers inside, m0nowall specifies that "Server NAT should be used"
>
> What would be an equivalent for that in pfsense and if there is any
> difference.  I could not find any documentation on the web anywhere
> which shows the difference.
>

> Is "Server NAT" acheiving the same goal that pfsense would do with a
> proxy ARP (under virtual IP)??

Server NAT in m0n0wall is the same as Inbound NAT with VIPs in pfSense.