>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: support@pfsense.com
>Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 15:47:09 +0100
>Subject: RE: [pfSense Support] Intel Pro 1000 VT
>
>Hi Sean,
>
>Sorry didn’t put this in the message below, the Broadcom (NetXtreme BCM5722) is
>actually the embedded NIC so I can’t replace :(
>
>Is my only option a custom build (if I can find the FreeBSD drivers for it)?
>
>Cheers
>Adam

I was referring to adding in a PCI, PCI-X or PCI-E network card with a
supported chipset.

pfSense includes all the network drivers from the FreeBSD version it is
tracking. Currently pfSense-1.2.RELEASE uses FreeBSD 6.2 but there is a testing
release that is based on 6.3 that I'm seeing referenced more and more to solve
some hardware related issues. If the chipset manufacturer has made their own
drivers that work for FreeBSD (HIGHLY unlikely) then a custom build would be
feasible but a pretty daunting task in of itself.

-Sean