"an addressing crisis" for years, and the fact that someone has
slapped a ruler on the current allocation trend and come up with a
number of days under 1000 doesn't really cause me concern.  Who can
present a reasonable case for adoption before the current 2-3 year
timeline?

Do you realize how long hardware deployment takes? Right now
we're driving at a nearby brick wall with a floored pedal.

It's going to hurt, a lot.

Couldn't agree more. Bravo! As would Randy Bush say, we are on a train, that is soon to be train-wreck. But, we at least know, that we're gonna crash, so we can fasten our seatbelts and hurry up a bit to finish with desert. Imagine all those people on Titanic, that was never able to finish their desert...

I suggest we take our heads out of the sand and start deploying IPv6 stuff.

Personally I don't like the idea of two separate firewalls, pfsense for IPv4 and whatever else for IPv6. But, sadly, this is what I am doing now.

/jan